1。 Stop making so much noise ____ the neighbor will start complaining。
A. or else B. but still C. and then D. so that
2. We hope to go to the beach tomorrow, but we won't go ____ it's raining.
A。 if B。 when C。 though D。 because
3。 ——The weather is too cold ____ March this year。
——It was still ____ when I came here years ago。
A. for; colder B. in; cold C. in; hot D. for; hotter
4. ——How much vinegar did you put in the soup?
——I'm sorry to say, ____. I forget.
A。 no B。 no one C。 nothing D。 none
5. He is only too ready to help others, seldom, ____, refusing them when they turn to him.
A。 if never B。 if ever C。 if not D。 if any
6。 ——What should I wear to attend his wedding party?
——Dress ____ you like.
A。 what B。 however C。 whatever D。 how
7. ——The research on the new bird flu virus vaccine is challenging and demanding. Who do you think can do the job?
——____ my students have a try?
A。 Shall B。 Must C。 Will D。 May
8. I'd like to live somewhere ____ the sun shines all year long.
A. which B. that C. where D. in which
9. I ____ to go for a walk, but someone called and I couldn't get away.
A. was planning B. planned C. had planned D. would plan
10. ——Your book, Tommy?
——No, Mom, it's my friend's。
——Remember to return it to ____ name is on it.
A。 what B。 which C。 whose D。 whosever
11。 Thank you for sending us ____ fresh vegetables of many kinds。 You have done us ____ a great service。
A。 不填；a B。 the；a C。 不填；不填 D。 the；不填
12. Now that we ____ all the money, it's no use turning on me and saying it's all my fault.
A. had lost B. lost C. have lost D. lose
13. We had a really bad time about six months ago but now things are ____.
A. looking up B. coming up C. making up D. turning up
14. ——When did it begin to snow?
——It started ____ the night.
A. during B. by C. from D. at
15. Young as he is, David has gained ____ rich experience in ____ society.